Director of Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Originations - (Continental U.S.)
Andra Partners, LLC is a buy-side boutique Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Originations firm based in the metropolitan Nashville area conducting a search to evaluate additional Director candidates located across the continental U.S. Relocation is not a requirement.
The firm primarily supports the buy-side acquisition interests of leading national private equity (PE) firms that acquire middle market and lower middle market companies generating $5M – $500M in annual revenue, and EBITDA of generally $3M – $50M, across industry verticals. The firm has generated over $1B in closed transactions with its clients since its founding in 2011, and was listed in the Inc. 5000 for both 2020 (top 30%) and 2021 (top 10%).
The Managing Director seeks additional high performing Directors to further expand the firm’s business. Primary responsibilities of this executive role include establishing private dialogues with the ownership and leadership of middle market and lower middle market company acquisition targets, as well as the development of additional private equity firm client relationships. Prior experience in M&A is advantageous, but not a requirement.
Appropriate candidates have current or former senior sales experience in the last 10 years, or current or former senior sales management experience (such as current or former SVP/VP/Director of Sales or equivalent), with a consistent history of performance awards. While this is not a sales role, the executive presence, results focus, organizational skills, and other success drivers associated with proven sales leadership and high value solution sales are leverageable in this role relative to building executive relationships with new PE clients, as well as the leadership and ownership of acquisition candidate companies.
The appropriate candidate could realistically expect to realize $200,000-$1,000,000 or above in annual income by the end of his or her second year. We have several Directors who each earned $500,000 – $1,000,000+ in annual income in spite of the pandemic.
Requisite career experience
Appropriate individuals will have over 20 years of overall executive experience after obtaining their undergraduate degree, including prior successful high-level sales experience in the last 10 years. The appropriate person will also have earned at least $200,000 or above annually in their current or last position.
Requisite academic requirements
A 4-year undergraduate degree from a not-for-profit institution is required, and an MBA or other advanced degree from a nationally recognized not-for-profit institution(s) is preferred.
**Note: This is not a salaried role and it does not include a traditional paid benefits package. It is an executive position only appropriate for high performing individuals who have had substantial prior success, and who have developed the personal financial resources necessary for sustained income during the estimated 12-24 month period needed to build client relationships and an active pipeline of acquisition opportunities.*
**Please do not apply if you do not have the requisite experience, academic qualifications, and executive financial resources*.
Appropriate candidates will have these attributes:
- Driven to contact and establish high level business relationships with the CEO’s and business owners of acquisition targets, as well as the leadership of private equity firm clients from across the continental U.S. and Canada from inception (i.e., can excel in an executive “rainmaker” profile)
- Are process-focused and willing to rigorously leverage the firm’s proprietary 6-step targeted search engagement process in order to generate transformative acquisitions for our clients
- Have a desire for continuous learning and developing knowledge across a wide array of industry sectors
- Want to partner with private equity firm client contacts on thematic investment initiatives
- Are financially secure, with the personal financial resources necessary to sustain an initial lack of income during the time needed to build a book of 5 or more sustained PE client relationships and successfully engage companies targeted for acquisition by those PE clients (estimated at approximately 12-24 months)
- Desire control over their work and personal time schedule (no personal or vacation time limitations)
- Do not want to travel extensively for work (5% travel or less) and want a greater QOL (quality of life) proposition
- Are risk tolerant and patient, as well as long-term results focused and highly motivated to succeed
- Are able to function effectively both independently as well as on a teamwork basis
- Are previously successful, but now seek work/life balance in a non-corporate high-income opportunity
- Are highly driven, energetic, persistent, and committed to impeccable ethical and moral standards
Individuals with the appropriate career experience, academic credentials, and financial resources are invited to respond to this opportunity by submitting their resume to HR@andrapartners.com.